Monday, September 27, 2010

17 - "Double party, all the way! Ohh, it's full on! It's starting to look like a triple party!"

I never really talked to anyone about it, but I was entered into the Calgary International Film Festival. No, it wasn't a big deal or anything. There was this thing called the Youth by Youth Cinema Competition - or YYCC for short. The purpose of the YYCC was to show the talented works of the young aspiring directors of the world.. or some stupid shit like that. Basically, my former Media Arts teacher sent in one of my animations to the YYCC, and I was put in the competition. The whole thing was overblown, in my opinion.

There was a pre-screening party before the screening and judging took place (Party Count: 1). Here, I had a chance to meet some of the other directors. I think I talked to one other guy while I was there. And literally 10 seconds after I first walk in, this happens -


Click to enlarge

Apparently Chris was one of the other directors in the competition. How the fuck would I know who Chris is, and why would this crazy woman be so snobby about it? Jeeze.

There was a mini-fridge with free Red Bulls, so that was pretty cool. Eventually, we had to go into some stupid limo that would drive us to the Cinema where we would watch all of the YYCC entries. There was a fucking red carpet for us. God damn it, it was stupid. I felt like a retard. Speaking of which, there was some chubby Asian guy interviewing some of the directors. I swear to you, he was mentally handicapped. I overheard him asking the others some questions,

"What are your names, and what movie did you make?"
"What is your movie about?"
"What did you have for breakfast?"

I burst out laughing when he asked that last question.




Here's Officer Doofy interviewing me and my friend, Nick
 
I didn't win anything from the competition, unfortunately. I do, however, have free admission to see some of the movies at the festival... including Fubar 2, which premiers tonight. Sadly, I don't have a ride there, and from what I know, it's already sold out. I suppose I'll wait until it's theatrical release, October 1st.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later in the day, I hung out with my friend Tanner before we left to go to a party. After hours waiting for a call from our "friend" Bryce, we decided that we shouldn't go to this party. From what Tanner knew, we weren't officially invited to this party anyways. Although, he knew of another party going on that was literally a 30 second drive away (Party Count: 2). Most of the people at this rebound party were younger than me, so I felt a bit awkward. Either way, I devoured about 8 beers while we were there, and we even beat the game Portal.

The girl who was hosting this party had a camp fire going on in the backyard. Rather than explain what happened, here's another comic.



So after playing her x-box for the entire party, Tanner and I decided to go to the party we originally planned on going to. So he drove his dad's van for 30 seconds to the other house. He wasn't drinking that night, and I was just about hammered. While I made my way to the house, I hear him behind me,

"Damn it! I locked the keys in the van!"

I was surprised that he managed to do that while sober. I followed him back to the other party to steal a coat hanger. And... yeah, he tried to pick the lock of the van with a fucking coat hanger. After that didn't work, we went to the other, other party (Party Count: 3). I really don't remember much once I entered the house, except for someone breaking a ton of glass vases or something. I also felt just as awkward, if not more, awkward than I did at the previous party.

No comments:

Post a Comment