Monday, October 4, 2010

18 - Concerts

I love music, so it would only make sense that I love concerts too! Sadly, concerts have their disadvantages.


My first concert was a few years ago: John Mayer. Yeah... My mom had an extra ticket, and I was in the musical phase of forcing myself to enjoy what was on the radio. Being my first concert, I didn't question why everyone was sitting down in chairs. Like literally, there were chairs everywhere. Nobody could really stand up without blocking the view of the person behind them. There really isn't much else to say about that, other than it sucked.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think my second concert was Les Claypool last summer. If you don't know, Les is the bassist of the band Primus. And if you don't know who Primus is, I just suggest searching them up. They're worth listening to. Nothing extraordinary happened at Claypool, but it was a good show nonetheless.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next was Dream Theater, just a few months after Les Claypool. My neighbour invited my friend and I to go, since his friends had a change of plans. I had honestly never listened to Dream Theater before, but I bought one of their albums the day after the concert because they were so good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up, in October, were Slipknot and the Deftones. I only came to see the Deftones, to be honest. It sucked too, cause I had actual seats, rather than on the floor in front of the stage... so my view of them wasn't the best. Either way, I kinda lost interest when Slipknot came on.



My friend caught a broken drum stick from the Deftone's drummer Abe Cunningham, and gave it to me. I jizzed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then in June my friend and I went to see Dream Theater and Iron Maiden! It was nice to see DT again, especially because they played all their famous songs. Plus, I had a good view several feet from the stage. While Iron Maiden was getting set up, some moron from way behind me threw back one of Mike Portnoy's drum sticks and hit me in the head. Some fat juggalo chick beside me took the stick, which probably had my blood on it... or at least a huge dent.



I kind of regret standing so close to the stage, because this was the first mosh pit I've been to. Standing next to all these weird fuckers was bad enough, but now I was being pushed around by them. Needless to say, I couldn't really cheer at Iron Maiden, because I was getting butt-raped by every Metalhead in the province.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would've went to see Tool in July, but I was in the Dominican Republic getting drunk/laid/diarrhea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And my most recent concert was Primus, just last Tuesday. There was quite a bit of pushing in the crowd, but nothing to compare with Iron Maiden. While I was in line to buy a t-shirt, I noticed a greasy looking guy sitting off to the side of the table. He looked extremely fucking depressed. He looked like he was helping with the t-shirt sales, except he wasn't helping at all. Just sitting there looking all sad and angry. I joked with my friend, "He's probably mad because no one's buying shirts for his band."



Depressed greasy guy. Kinda looked like this.

The first opening band for Primus came on. They were some Kansas redneck band that basically played Speed Metal with banjos. The bass player had a gas can with a long stick attached to it, and a rubber band stretched across to form a single string. My friend and I laughed and shat bricks. Guess who was playing the bass?...




...


...


...





No comments:

Post a Comment